Barnes Creative Studios
- Barnes Creative Studios ADA Compliant Virtual Tours for Hospitality Website
- Barnes Creative Studios (BCS) has developed a solution to make ADA compliant virtual tours. ADA (The Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance means making your service or product accessible to people with disabilities and it was amended to include websites in 2008. Hotels are increasingly aware that non-compliant websites make them potentially liable for lawsuits and fines, and many have implemented standards to comply.
- Up until now, there was not a streamlined solution to make virtual tours compliant. BCS has created a solution. Introducing an embedded player which not only provides AA compliant virtual tours, but also can be used for older virtual tours you already have in your catalog. Also, as an added bonus your search engine optimization will be amplified. If you would like to take a deep dive on ADA Compliancy check out this video series on ADA compliant virtual tours.
See a list of past and current lawsuits on the ADA website that includes many hotels and resorts.
- BCS Has an Exclusive Player that Adheres to Accessibility Guidelines
- BCS exclusively provides our custom ADA compliant virtual tours that adhere to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). WCAG define how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities. Accessibility involves a wide range of disabilities, including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning and neurological.
- We can produce a new ADA compliant virtual tour or convert any existing non-compliant tour, like a Matterport virtual tour, to be compliant. In order to convert, we simply need a link to the existing virtual tour. Below is a Matterport virtual tour example provided by Oak Creek Homes which has been converted to be ADA Compliant.BCS offers a solution which directly adheres to the “WCAG 2.0 guidelines 1.2 for time-based media: providing alternatives for time-based media”. This includes “audio and/or video combined with interaction”. The accessible alternative version of our ADA compliant virtual tour contains:
- Alternative Pre-Recorded Video Guided Virtual Tour
- Audio Description (Prerecorded)
- Live Captions
- All of the above is delivered in a custom-built embedded player that hosts both media items. Firstly, it includes the standard virtual tour and secondly the alternative accessible version that is ADA compliant. For example, below is an ADA compliant virtual tour from the Four Seasons Punta Mita Mexico.
- Added SEO value for ADA Compliant Virtual Tour
- As a result, for having compliant virtual tours on your website your search engine optimization (SEO) value will be supercharged. SEO is successful when you have contextual elements attached to rich media, for instance, like transcripts and detailed descriptions. With our ADA compliant virtual tour the added context from the WCAG 2.0 guidelines makes your content fuel your web page resulting in successful SEO.
- Barnes Creative Studios looks forward to help your hotel reach compliance with ADA standards. 360 Virtual tours are a unique user driven media and BCS is dedicated to making these experiences available to as many people as possible.